What is a Scratchcard Fundraising?
Interested in Scratchcard fundraising? Want to know more about how Scratchcard fundraisers work and if they’re the right choice for you? Here’s your Scratchcard guide to get you started!
Scratchcards are one of the most popular fundraising products because they’re low cost, have a high profit margin, and are easy to transport, store and carry around. If you’re unfamiliar with Scratchcard fundraising, the following is an easy guide to Scratchcards to help you decide if a Scratchcard fundraiser is the right choice for your fundraising needs.
What is it?
A Scratchcard fundraiser is basically a donation fundraiser. The twist is that donation amounts are hidden under fun scratch off dots. Cards typically have about 60 dots, and the amounts under each dot range from $0.00 to $2.50. When you ask someone to support you, they know that by scratching a dot they’re agreeing to donate at least $2.50. In many cases, supporters will scratch off more than one dot, especially if their first scratch reveals a low amount.
With some scratch-off card fundraisers, that’s all there is to it. Supporters scratch a dot, donate the amount, you thank them for their generosity, and it’s done. However, some programs, like the Scratchcard program from Fundraising.com, come with thank you gifts for your supporters to help you further show your appreciation.
For example, Fundraising.com’s Scratchcards each come with 60 coupon sheets (one coupon sheet for each scratch dot). When a supporter scratches a dot and donates the revealed amount, you can thank them with a coupon sheet that features retailers like Pizza Hut, Blockbuster, A&W and AMC Theatres.
Why use Scratchcards? – Scratchcard Fundraising
Whatever fundraising card program you choose, the greatest benefit is usually that the cards themselves are so low cost, and have such a high potential for profit (usually around 90%).
Here’s a breakdown of the major Scratchcard fundraising benefits:
– Low cost program with high potential for profit
– Cards are compact and easy to carry around in a pocket, purse or backpack
– Cards can often be customized with your team, organization or group’s name and logo
– Fundraising participants have only a card to carry – There’s no product to cart around to friends, family and neighbors
– Supporters appreciate the low donation amounts, especially those who want to support you, but don’t want to buy anything like a candy bar or gift wrap.
Also, Scratchcards are ideal as companion or “add on” fundraisers to other programs. For example, you can have a candy bar sale and Scratchcard campaign together. Many people love candy bar fundraisers, but a lot of people may not want to buy candy, and may prefer to simply donate a small amount to your cause. Scratchcards are a fun way for them to do that, and still get something special in return if you’re using a fundraising card with coupons.
Are Scratchcards right for you?
Scratchcards are great if you:
– Need to raise funds fast (cards are usually delivered within a few days).
– Have only a small budget to purchase fundraising products.
– Want to supplement another campaign like candy or cookie dough with another, easy fundraiser.
– Are looking for something different that will be easy for participants and fun for supporters.
If you want to know more about Scratchcards, check out Fundraising.com’s Scratchcard program for details.
Get your free fundraising product catalog here!
Read Personalized Scratch Card Fundraiser